I love this list, and think that we could all go on adding to it.
On number 4, I would endorse the recommendation for the German Christmas Market in Manchester for those in UK. But I have very happy memories of Weihnachtsmärkte in Bielefeld and Düsseldorf.
I would recommend combining activities 9 and 10 and, in my case, I would make a slight amendment. So that would become:
9/10: Layer up and go for a winter walk followed by a large mug of hot Glühwein (mulled wine).
Now I’m happy just thinking about that.
Confession: I love Christmas – and since it’s exactly one month until Christmas day, our home has been a hive of activity, as the process of unboxing decorations and transforming the various rooms has begun.
I will be sharing some of my activities throughout December but, in the meantime, here are 25 suggestions for things that you can do during the festive period:
- Host a month-long movie marathon to screen all of your favourite festive films.
- Get your skating boots on and visit an outdoor ice rink.
- Bake gingerbread men, Christmas cupcakes and/or a yule log to share with guests, family, friends and co-workers.
- Visit a German Christmas Market and soak up the atmosphere (If you’re in the UK, I recommend Manchester).
- Get involved with ‘Operation Christmas Child.’
- Take photos to capture the memories and create a Christmas scrapbook.
- Put together a festive playlist that is jam-packed full of the Christmas…
View original post 242 more words