Once again, I failed on my resolutions for the past year!
Here’s a little reminder.
- Well, I only kind of failed. I wrote the first draft of a new novel during NaNoWriMo 2017. It is called “Rocky Scrapes”. In brief, it is based on the true life story of a retired geologist whom I met on holiday in Kos this year. He certainly had some close shaves during his career, which took him across several countries on the African continent. His honesty and openness clashed with the rife corruption that he often encountered. His life was endangered. It is a great story, but my first draft is absolute garbage and requires a lot of work to take it anywhere near to publication.
- No. Drew a blank here. Started several, but got no further.
- Success! Bang on target.
- In the final day of the year, I have 495 followers. It is still possible. If you have read this far, please re-blog and beg your own followers to follow this blog. You know how much fun they will have!
- Failed! My average time is now UP to 26:06. One whole second slower!
- Failed! I got to 247 on 30th December. I will run twice on 1st January, at Andover followed by Newbury. So I shall be completing my 250th parkrun at Andover on 6th January 2018. My friend, Matt Jeffery will be running his 250th on the same day. The local newspaper, Andover Advertiser, will be covering it. They have already run a preliminary article.
After the event, they’ll print another one which will show the two of us completing our goal. I warn you, our idea for fancy dress may make you, in the words of E.B. Brown, “pee your pants.”
Anticipate and watch this space.
In the meantime, here are my resolutions for the coming year.
Do you think I’ll be successful?
Please share your resolutions, if you’ve made any.
And, in a last minute effort to fulfil my fourth resolution from 2017 and to make a start on number five for 2018, please RE-BLOG or PRESS or otherwise (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram…) spread this post more widely.
Thanks in advance for your help!