Terrifying Tales to Tell at Night: 10 Scary Stories to Give You Nightmares! by Stephen Jones
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I really enjoyed all ten of these entertaining, spooky stories.
There are contributions from Ramsey Campbell, R. Chetwynd-Hayes, Lynda E. Rucker, Stephen King, Ramsey Campbell, Manly Wade Wellman, Robert Shearman, Lisa Morton, Michael Marshall Smith and Charles L. Grant.
My favourite story was The Man Who Drew Cats by Michael Marshall Smith. Although it is a bit predictable, it is heart-warming and you can’t help feeling fulfilled by the outcome.
What makes this little book even better, elevating it from good to great, is a series of excellent illustrations by Randy Broecker.
- Follow Write to Inspire on WordPress.com
About meMy working career spans the Royal Navy, a spell as a dairyman in the Highlands of Scotland, many years in military survey in the British Army, and a fourth career in Information Technology. I have recently become a budding author. See more...
- Esther’s Challenge – Can You Tell A Story In . . . 29 July 2021
- Esther’s Challenge – Laugh-along-a-Limerick 26 July 2021
- Book Review: A Deadly Influence by Mike Omer 24 July 2021
- Book Review: Paranormal Warwickshire by S.C. Skillman 24 July 2021
- Esther’s Challenge – Can You Tell A Story In . . . 22 July 2021