All My Lies by Sophie Flynn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Sophie Flynn’s debut novel has a great storyline and some interesting characters. She certainly shows a lot of promise and I look forward to reading much more of her writing in the future.
As the title suggests, there are many hidden secrets, which are gradually revealed like the layers of an onion. Those secrets are not the sole property of the main protagonist, Anna. At least three other characters have much to hide.
The book gets off to a cracking start but loses pace middle regions. Anna spends far too much time reflecting on her past. Her naivety is very frustrating. However, the story wraps up well in the end and I would definitely recommend this book to anyone to pack in their holiday baggage this Summer.
I admit that I hovered between awarding three and four stars as I read through this book, but settled on four in recognition of a good underlying story and some very interesting characters.
View all my reviews
- Follow Write to Inspire on WordPress.com
About meMy working career spans the Royal Navy, a spell as a dairyman in the Highlands of Scotland, many years in military survey in the British Army, and a fourth career in Information Technology. I have recently become a budding author. See more...
- Esther’s Challenge – Can You Tell A Story In . . . 29 July 2021
- Esther’s Challenge – Laugh-along-a-Limerick 26 July 2021
- Book Review: A Deadly Influence by Mike Omer 24 July 2021
- Book Review: Paranormal Warwickshire by S.C. Skillman 24 July 2021
- Esther’s Challenge – Can You Tell A Story In . . . 22 July 2021