Paranormal Warwickshire by S.C. Skillman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
It is obvious that a lot of work has gone into this book. The result is an excellent collection of stories about ghosts and the houses and castles in which they reside. Each story is double-researched, as the author has investigated both the venues and the background of the ghosts and their reported appearances. The stories and descriptions are backed up by a wonderful collection of photographs, many of which are by the author herself.
There is a lot of very interesting history, including the middle ages period around the black death when whole villages were decimated by the plague. We hear about the people who have lived in the castles, and famous houses and schools of Warwickshire and of apparitions in churches and churchyards.
There this book is steeped in the rich history of the area and, whether you believe in the supernatural aspect or not, I am sure that you will love it. For those who do believe in the spiritual side and afterlife, it is an absolute treasure trove.
View all my reviews
- Follow Write to Inspire on WordPress.com
About meMy working career spans the Royal Navy, a spell as a dairyman in the Highlands of Scotland, many years in military survey in the British Army, and a fourth career in Information Technology. I have recently become a budding author. See more...
- Esther’s Challenge – Laugh-along-a-Limerick 27 September 2021
- Esther’s Challenge – Can You Tell A Story In . . . 23 September 2021
- Esther’s Challenge – Laugh-along-a-Limerick 20 September 2021
- Esther’s Challenge – Can You Tell A Story In . . . 16 September 2021
- Esther’s Challenge – Laugh-along-a-Limerick 13 September 2021